SME Series M2-12R Tonearm
The The Model M2-12R precision pick-up arm is an extension of our popular Series M2 range offering optimum cartridge choice with minimal tracking error and harmonic distortion associated with a 12 inch arm.
Providing classic looks and meticulous build quality, This arm offers all the most important features, traditional ‘J’ shaped tone-arm, detachable S2-R aluminium headshell with azimuth adjustment, two stage tungsten counterbalance system, superb quality ball race bearings and a level of rigidity to suit all types of cartridge.
Click image for full size
- The 12in construction with thin walled stainless steel tone-arm takes advantage of the reduction in maximum tracking error/distortion afforded by the greater arm length when compared with 9in models.
- S2-R Aluminum shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- Double draw-in pin bayonet fitting design ensures a rigid junction with the tone-arm.
- Unique headshell to tone-arm coupling readily allows cartridge azimuth adjustment.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in a substantial yoke on 10mm precision ball races.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through Anti-Skate weight and filament, adjustable up to 5g VTF.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Thumbwheel (Vertical tracking angle VTA) height adjustment.
- Bedplate affords +/- 12.0mm movement to facilitate (Horizontal tracking angle HTA) adjustment.
- Base slides on bedplate for horizontal tracking adjustment with double null-point protractor.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight inserts allow maximum centre of gravity shift to balance a greater range of cartridges up to 38g in S2-R headshell and direct plug-in heads up to 46g.
- Precise vertical tracking force up to 5g applied in 0,5g increments via rider weight and graduated wayrod.
- Alignment protractor designed to provide HTA settings with the greatest accuracy.
- Internal wiring in silver litz.
- Balanced Hybrid Cable 1.2M audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.